- 20 Million British people risk avoidable sight loss because they fail to have regular sight tests.
- One in ten British adults have NEVER had an eye examination.
- 85% of us admit to having problems with our vision.
- More than 30 million Britons are entitled to FREE eye care (sight tests and / or optical vouchers to cover the cost of any vision correction required) paid for by the NHS.
- Everyone should have an eye examination once every two years unless advised otherwise by their optometrist. The Eye Care Trust recommends children aged under 9 and people aged 70 and over have annual eye examinations.
- It’s estimated that 1 in 5 children has an undetected problem with their vision.
- Fifty per cent of us think an NHS sight test costs £20 or more, despite it being free!
- A quarter of over 60 year olds say the quality of their vision affects their daily routine.
(Source of information. The Eyecare Trust)
Eye care services are classified as an essential service, so we will continue to offer eyecare appointments. We are currently triaging all clients and are prioritising those who feel they are experiencing problems with their vision. Clients can be reassured that we are operating under strict hygiene measures. If you feel that your eyecare needs are essential, and you would rather not delay, please call us on 01434 632289 or email email@example.com.Please click here for more information on the services we are providing
GET OUR INCREDIBLE OFFERS & DISCOUNTS FIRST!
Keep up-to-date with all the latest news