The environment is precious to us all. At Croft and Graves, we have been involved with special recycling schemes for quite some time. We are always trying to think of new ways to help the environment so please let us know if you think there’s anything else we could do.
Here are the strategies we currently have in place:
- We recycle our printer cartridges through a charity scheme, benefiting organisations such as The British Heart Foundation and Alzheimer’s Society
- Croft & Graves bags are made from non-coated, non-laminated, recyclable paper. Handles are 100% cotton, so recyclable in a local textiles recycling collection bin or even compostable (just remember to keep cotton to a small ratio in your compost bin
- We are a Recycling Collection Point for disposable soft contact lenses, along with their blister packs and foil tops
- We collect used spectacles for Vision Aid Overseas to recycle
- We re-use boxes and packaging for sending parcels by post
- We save the polythene tubes eyewear manufacturers use to cover the sides of new frames. These are given to local hairdressing salons to protect the sides of their clients’ glasses from hair dye or treatments.
- We believe in stocking good quality, stylish frames, rather than throwaway fashion
- We are always trying to think of ways of making our practice more environmentally friendly and are currently working on a new idea right now – watch this space!
We all know about the dangers of sun and UV light in relation to skin cancer. But what about the damage to our ..
Bollé has a long history of involvement with the highest levels of cycling. The first sports sunglasses ever ..
So school holidays are here at last. For many of us it is a fantastic opportunity for us to spend some quality ..